1. Next time Granny tells you that you have 17 years to be a child and a lifetime to be grown… believe her
2. When adults tell you parables that make no sense, hold on to them, one day the light bulb in your head will go off and everything will be seen in perfect clarity.
3. Your parents are not the enemy. You will learn just as much in their triumphs as in their failures.
4. Older siblings are like tour guides. They’re knowledgeable in some areas that you haven’t yet ventured. Observe and ask questions.
5. It isn’t always about you, stop taking everything so personal.
6. The biggest person standing in your way is you, get out if the way!
7. You can only blame childhood insecurities on your parents for so long. Once you are an adult, no one cares about your excuses. Sorry in advance.
8. Surround yourself with a wide variety of individuals and backgrounds. To make assumptions and only agree with stereotypes breeds ignorance.
9. If you expect excellence, so will the people around you. Don’t accept mediocrity.
10. No one ever said the road would be easy, so don’t complain!
As always I pray that you all are doing well!
It was extremely hard for me to post yesterday. I kept going back and forth between topics and nothing felt… right… I’d rather give it to you late than not so great…
So let’s regroup! As this is the new year, people typically use this time as a way to reflect. To add goals and to seek new expectations. I thought it fitting to basically remind myself of what I wish someone would have told me (which they probably did but I probably wasn’t listening)lol. The older I get the more I understand how important it is to seek wise council when I’m making decisions I’m not so familiar with… and just period, about life in general. I’ve also been researching lately and seeking the things I really want to know. So… let me know some things you wish you could have told your younger self!!!
I pray you all had a lovely new year! I love you all! And I leave you with this…
6 Don’t turn your back on wisdom, for she will protect you.
Love her, and she will guard you.
7 Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do!
And whatever else you do, develop good judgment.
Thanks again, God bless and One love.
-Quellz (komplex simplicity)